Sunday, December 13, 2009

Books I've Read This Year

Since I do a lot of things that don't require much brain power (art, crafts, homework, cooking, cleaning, staring off in to space...) I've taken to listening to many books on cd recently. I try to find good children's novels, since I am planning on teaching the upper elementary grades. I have found many that I love so far. Sometimes a grown-up novel finds its way into my playlist, too. Here are all the books I can remember either reading or listening to this year. Most of them are sci-fi/fantasy books, as I love crazy imaginations! I'll probably have many more books read before the year is over (as I can get through a whole book in one day this way!)
  1. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
  2. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
  3. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  4. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
  5. Austenland by Shannon Hale
  6. Powers by Ursula K. LeGuin
  7. Voices by Ursula K. LeGuin
  8. The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. LeGuin
  9. Enchantress from the Stars by
  10. On the Road by Jack Keruoac
  11. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  12. The Secret Lives of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  13. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
  14. MacBeth by William Shakespeare
  15. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
  16. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
  17. Dragon Blood Tattoo, book 1 by
  18. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinnley
  19. Teaching Art to Children by
  20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  21. Deeper by Rodderick Gordan and Brian Williams
  22. The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Patterson
  23. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
  24. The Wild Girls by Pat Murphey
  25. I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris
  26. Naked by David Sedaris
  27. Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor
  28. The Pleasure of my Company by Steve Martin

1 comment:

Janalynn said...

OK sweet Lola, go to Goddreads.com and you cn find a lot of books! I like your list. I have read many of the adult books! good for you!