Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!






Howdy!

My Christmas was wonderful. Our family is getting bigger all the time. My younger brother Ammon proposed to Abi (I get to be a bride's maid!) right before Christmas Eve, and my big brother Brannon and his wife Suzy gave my Mom a mug that said "World's Greatest Grandma" and a card from "Junior" with the fetal picture waving to us. I'm super excited about both of those things, and don't even know where to begin with my crafting and artistic aspirations concerning the two. It's a good thing I'm outta money, or I just might spend it all on fabric and trimmings:)

I got some pretty good loot Christmas morn as well. I can never sleep Christmas Eve (too much excitement from the big Kennington family Christmas eve bash, I think), so around 6 AM I took Daisy out walking in the sunrise. I was amazed at how many people were up and about then- more busy than on any other day! I sang carols as I walked, so I had a great time. We had to make a huge (and delicous) breakfast for 13 before we could attack our presents. No wait, that's what we had to do in year's past when we cared more about our surpises than food, but this year I had been up forever and was quite hungry (and already knew what all my presents were) but we decided to open presents first. I swear the world is against me sometimes! Anyway, I got a new pair of Chacos, some perfume, a pretty and unassuming watch, a snuggie, a sweater, and a harmonica! I learned that although it is a little difficult to play most songs with the key of the harmonica, I can easily play all the songs from "Paint Your Wagon" my favorite movie that has a singing Clint Eastwood.
I guess I better make my New Year's resolutions (and I refuse to write "lose weight" so I don't jinx myself!) Here goes:
  • Since I will be an elementary school teacher in 2012, I want to visit every museum/zoo/planetarium/interesting place to take kids in the Salt Lake area this year.
  • I'm going to finish a puffy quilt I started a few years ago.

  • I am going to open my etsy store, even if I can only sell a few items.

  • I will get a job this summer where I work with kids, so I can have lots of good experience working with them.

  • I think I want to enter the dating pond again.... but probably just dip my toes in a little bit!

No comments: