Saturday, December 12, 2009

Girl's Night in October

I hosted the October Girl's Night, and I intended it to be on how to make sock animals, but... all three girls ended up wanting to make different things.













Daniela made a crazy/creepy/cute looking sock elephant; Sarah made a cute felt owl pillow; and Abi began making a felt doll like the kind I made over the summer, but to look like one of the little old Argentinian grandmas she knew on her mission.














It was a little crazy running around trying to show them each what they needed to do and to consult with them on their designs and color choices, but it was fun, and each girl got to make something they wanted to. I think we had a pretty good time, even though it took a lot longer than we thought it would. I forget that I've had a lot more crafting experience than most people, and so some things that seem simple and easy to me can be quite tricky for those who haven't fiddled around with them before.

My mom, being so wonderful, bought us pizza and pop to enjoy while we made our crafts. I also lit my Christmas lights around the wall to make it magical!I'm so glad I hosted this, because it forced me to do some much needed cleaning and organizing in my studio, and now it feels great in there! With just a few more decorating adjustments I'll be able to say I am satisfied with how it looks.

No comments: